New Zealand is a country of stunning and diverse natural beauty: jagged mountains, rolling pasture land, steep fiords, pristine trout-filled lakes, raging rivers, scenic beaches, and active volcanic zones. These islands are one of Earth’s most peculiar bioregions, inhabited by flightless birds seen nowhere else such as a nocturnal, burrowing parrot called the kakapo and kiwi. Kiwi are not only one of the national symbols – the others being the silver fern leaf and koru – but also the name New Zealanders usually call themselves.
Day 01 Arrive Auckland By Flight
Arrival at Auckland airport meet, assist and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 Auckland
After breakfast, proceed to self drive for Auckland Morning Highlights tour. Today journey over the Auckland Harbour Bridge for stunning views back to the city. Visit the Viaduct Harbour and travel through the Auckland Domain. Following this, along the stunningly scenic waterfront route of Tamaki Drive to the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park, in Mission Bay. Following the city tour we visit Kelly Tarlton’s Antarctic Encounter and Underwater World. Kelly Tarlton’s showcases over 30 live animal exhibits, from over 80 different species in spectacular habitat displays, including New Zealand’s only colony of Antarctic penguins. See New Zealand’s unique aquatic life up close, comprising an impressive collection of sharks, gigantic stingrays, and beautiful seahorses. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 Auckland – Waitomo Caves – Rotorua (340 kms / 4H 25M appx.)
After breakfast, proceed to self drive to travel south from Auckland, to the famous Waitomo Caves. On arrival enjoy a comprehensive cave tour, where you will have the opportunity to view thousands of luminescent lights radiating from the unique Waitomo glowworms, as expert guides provide informative commentary on the Caves historical and geological significance. Enjoy the limestone shafts, stunning Cathedral cavern and then take a unique boat ride through the glowworm grotto. We continue our tour this afternoon by driving to Rotorua, including passing through the beautiful Fitzgerald Glade where the roadside trees arch overhead to form a tunnel of natural greenery. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 Rotorua
After breakfast, proceed to self drive your first experience of the day is Te Puia, a place of Maori culture and a thermal wonderland of impressive geysers and boiling mud pools. Also explore Rainbow Springs Nature Park, full of Rainbow Trout and showcasing native flora and fauna as well as the New Zealand Kiwi finishing the tour with Agrodome Sheep Show. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05 Rotorua – Queenstown By Flight
After breakfast, transfer to airport for your flight to Queenstown. On arrival at Queenstown airport self drive passengers will collect their vehicle while coach passengers will be transferred to your accommodation. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06 Queenstown
After breakfast, proceed to self drive from Queenstown to Milford hugging the shores of Lake Wakatipu, proceed past wind turbines, deer farms and across rural farmland, before reaching Lake Te Anau, the ‘Gateway to Fiordland’. Board the waiting vessel for a one hour forty minute full length cruise of Milford Sound out to the Tasman Sea. After the cruises sit back, relax and enjoy the view from the coach on the return journey to Queenstown.Overnight at hotel.
Day 07 Queenstown
After breakfast, proceed to Skyline Gondola enjoy the stunning views as you ride the Gondola – the steepest cable car lift in the Southern Hemisphere. The Gondola carries you 450 metres above Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu to the top of Bob’s Peak. En route you will enjoy a spectacular 220 degree panorama, with views of Coronet Peak. The remarkables, Walter Peak, Cecil Peak and over Queenstown. On arrival our purpose built viewing platforms and outdoor terraces provide great photo opportunities. Jump on your specialised Luge cart, and then take control as you zoom down the Luge track. Overnight at hotel.
Day 08 Queenstown – Fox Glacier By Road 345 kms / 4H 35M appx.
After breakfast, proceed to self drive to Lake Wanaka and then follow the shore of Lake Hawea through to Makarora. From here you are on the Haast Road which follows the ancient Maori trail to the West Coast. Overnight at hotel.
Day 09 Fox Glacier
After breakfast, proceed to board the waiting helicopter for a spectacular and exciting 20 minute scenic flight and a snow landing on the glacier. Overnight at hotel.
Day 10 Fox Glacier-Greymouth-Train/Greymouth–Christchurch By Tranazlpine
After breakfast, proceed to Christchurch. The coach will drop you at Greymouth Railway station from where you will be boarding the Tranz Alpine Scenic train to Christchurch. Leave Greymouth travel past Lake Brunner and the subtropical rainforests of New Zealand’s West Coast, crossing the main divide through Otira Tunnel, before arriving into Arthurs Pass. Truly one of the world’s great scenic train trips through the dramatic contrast of dry beech forests and tussock land on one side of the Alps and lush green landscapes on the other. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11 Depart Christchurch By Flight
Departure transfer to Christchurch airport for flight to onward destination.
|Rotorua||02||Holiday Inn Rotorua|
|Fox Glaciers||02||Scenic Franz Josef|
|Christchurch||01||Sumner Re Treat|
- Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
- 10 nights accommodation as per the program
- Daily breakfast at the hotels.
- Entrance fees.
- Air Ticket for Rotorua – Queenstown.
- Train Ticket for Greymouth – Christchurch.
- Local English speaking guide.
- Auckland Harbour Bridge, Michael Joseph Savage Memorial Park
- Kelly Tarlton’s Antarctic Encounter, Waitomo Caves
- Beautiful Fitzgerald Glade and Te Puia
- Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Agrodome Sheep Show,Lake Wakatipu and Lake Te Anau
- Gateway to Fiordland,Tasman Sea and Coronet Peak
- Walter Peak,Lake Wanaka,Lake Hawea and Arthurs Pass
- All transfers, sightseeing, excursions by private vehicle.
- All taxes.
– Logo branding on Vehicles.
– Color and logo branding Merchandise.
– Departure gifts with company’s branding.
- Personal Expenses.
- Camera / Video Camera Fees.
- Medical Aid.
- Travel Insurance.
- Visa (If any).
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.