New Zealand is a country of stunning and diverse natural beauty: jagged mountains, rolling pasture land, steep fiords, pristine trout-filled lakes, raging rivers, scenic beaches, and active volcanic zones. These islands are one of Earth’s most peculiar bioregions, inhabited by flightless birds seen nowhere else such as a nocturnal, burrowing parrot called the kakapo and kiwi. Kiwi are not only one of the national symbols – the others being the silver fern leaf and koru – but also the name New Zealanders usually call themselves.
Day 01 Arrive Auckland By Flight
Arrival at Auckland airport meet, assist and transfer to hotel. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02 Auckland – Bay of Island (232 kms / 3H 8M appx.)
After breakfast, proceed to self drive to Paihia whereas coach passengers will be collected from their accommodation. The journey will take you through rolling countryside, rural towns to Paihia, situated in the beautiful Bay of Islands. Overnight at hotel.
Day 03 Bay Of Island
After breakfast, proceed to today make your own way to Paihia Maritime Building for your cruise. Cruise the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands on Dolphin Seeker, purpose built for dolphin and whale watching catamaran. Enjoy the large outdoor viewing decks as we cruise past the islands of the Bay. Keep a look out for common and bottlenose dolphin, whales and other marine life as we get you up close to the action. Enjoy the views as you cruise past the Cape Brett Lighthouse, before arriving at the majestic Hole in the Rock – hold your breath as the skipper navigates through the narrow space and admire the rock walls which soar above you before heading back into the sheltered waters of the Bay. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 Bay of Island – Auckland (232 kms / 3H 8M appx.)
After breakfast, proceed to self drive journey back to Auckland. Arrive Auckland, rest of the day at leisure. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05 Auckland-Waitomo Caves – Rotorua (340 kms / 4H 25M appx.)
After breakfast, proceed to self drive to the famous Waitomo Caves. On arrival enjoy a comprehensive cave tour, where you will have the opportunity to view thousands of luminescent lights radiating from the unique Waitomo glow worms, as expert guides provide informative commentary on the Caves historical and geological significance. Enjoy the limestone shafts, stunning Cathedral cavern and then take a unique boat ride through the glow worm grotto. We continue our tour this afternoon by driving to Rotorua, including passing through the beautiful Fitzgerald Glade where the roadside trees arch overhead to form a tunnel of natural greenery. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06 Rotorua
After breakfast, proceed to self drive for first experience of the day is Te Puia, a place of Maori culture and a thermal wonderland of impressive geysers and boiling mud pools. Also explore Rainbow Springs Nature Park, full of Rainbow Trout and showcasing native flora and fauna as well as the New Zealand Kiwi finishing the tour with Agrodome Sheep Show. Overnight at hotel.
Day 07 Rotorua – Queenstown By Flight
After breakfast, transfer to airport for your flight to Queenstown. On arrival at Queenstown airport self drive passengers will collect their vehicle while coach passengers will be transferred to your accommodation. Overnight at hotel.
Day 08 Queenstown
After breakfast, proceed to Self Drive from Queenstown to Milford. Hugging the shores of Lake Wakatipu, proceed past wind turbines, deer farms and across rural farmland, before reaching Lake Te Anau, the ‘Gateway to Fordland’. Board the waiting vessel for a one hour forty minute full length cruise of Milford Sound out to the Tasman Sea. After the cruise sit back, relax and enjoy the view from the coach on the return journey to Queenstown. Self drive passengers can upgrade today to go by coach. Please discuss with your travel professional. Overnight at hotel.
Day 09 Queenstown
After breakfast, proceed to today make your own way to Skyline Gondola enjoy the stunning views as you ride the Gondola – the steepest cable car lift in the Southern Hemisphere. The Gondola carries you 450 metres above Queenstown and Lake Wakatipu to the top of Bob’s Peak. Enjoy spectacular breath-taking 220 degree panorama views of Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Walter Peak, and Cecil Peak. On arrival our purpose built viewing platforms and outdoor terraces provide great photo opportunities. Jump on your specialised Luge cart, then take control as you zoom down the Luge track. Overnight at hotel.
Day 10 Queenstown – Mt. Cook (258 kms / 3H 17M appx.)
After breakfast, proceed to self drive to Mt. Cook whereas coach passengers will be collected from accommodation. Travel through ruggedly beautiful landscape and over the Lindis Pass into the Mackenzie Country. Enter the amazing Aoraki / Mt Cook National Park, home to New Zealand’s highest mountain. Overnight at hotel.
Day 11 Mt. Cook – Christchurch (285 kms / 3H 23M appx.)
After breakfast, proceed to Christchurch. The road to Lake Tekapo takes you back down the Tasman Valley to beautiful Lake Pukaki. The opaque turquoise colour of this lake is caused by fine, glacier-ground rock particles. Continue through golden tussock land of Mackenzie basin to Lake Tekapo. The Church of the Good Shepherd and the sheepdog statue are great photo opportunities. Leaving Tekapo, descend Burkes Pass to the Canterbury Plains and Christchurch. Overnight at hotel.
Day 12 Christchurch
After breakfast, proceed to self drive for city highlights tour including the botanical gardens, Museum and Art Centre, the Avon river, Bridge of Remembrance, the cities new pop up container mall. Head towards the International Antarctic Centre, one of Christchurch’s leading attractions. The Centre recreates the atmosphere of Antarctica with a Snow and Ice Experience, the Blue Penguin Encounter and an exhilarating Hagglund ride. Overnight at hotel.
Day 13 Depart Christchurch By Flight
Departure transfer to Christchurch airport for flight to onward destination.
|Bay of Islands||02||Moon Gate Villa|
|Rotorua||02||Holiday Inn Rotorua|
|Mt. Cook||01||Hermitage Mt. Cook|
|Christchurch||02||Sumner Re Treat|
- Meet assist at the airport and hotels.
- 12 nights accommodation as per the program
- Daily breakfast at the hotels.
- Entrance fees.
- Air Ticket for Rotorua – Queenstown.
- Local English speaking guide.
- Bay of Islands,Cape Brett Lighthouse and Auckland Harbour Bridge
- Waitomo Caves,Beautiful Fitzgerald Glade,Te Puia and Rainbow Springs Nature Park
- Agrodome Sheep Show,Lake Wakatipu and Lake Te Anau
- Gateway to Fiordland,Tasman Sea,Skyline Gondola and Coronet Peak
- Walter Peak,Mt Cook National Park and Lake Pukaki
- Botanical gardens, Museum and Art Centre
- The Avon river,Bridge of Remembrance and International Antarctic Centre
- All transfers, sightseeing, excursions by private vehicle.
- All taxes.
– Logo branding on Vehicles.
– Color and logo branding Merchandise.
– Departure gifts with company’s branding.
- Personal Expenses.
- Camera / Video Camera Fees.
- Medical Aid.
- Travel Insurance.
- Visa (If any).
– Accommodation in good hotels.
– Check-in / out time is 12 noon at most of the hotels.
– Extension to other places is also possible with a minimal extra cost.
– Additional nights are available at each place with minimal supplement.
– A visa is required and must be obtained prior to your departure from your Country.
– If quoted hotel is not available, we will provide one of a similar category and standard.
– Small deviations in the tour program are sometimes necessary, depending on weather, road conditions, flight schedules and room availability.
– In case the government changes presently applicable taxes, increase in airlines prices, fuel surcharge our rates will need to be adjusted accordingly.
– In Asia, there is no relevance between the distance and time of travelling, as it depends upon the condition of the roads and congestion of the traffic.
– While every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes etc that are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes.
– Clients must be fully insured, as the company cannot accept liability for loss or damage to client’s property, medical emergencies or any other loss suffered by them whilst on tour.
– In Case of issuing Domestic or International air tickets, SGV is not responsible for any refund if the flight is delayed or cancelled, as it is the responsibility of airline.